8.28.2006

Crafty thoughts

I have crafty ideas. Sometimes they keep me up at night or hit me when I’m driving. Reading so many creative blogs has really got my inner artist to thinking. Besides finishing my quilt and making the bag for the Sew? I knit! challenges—and yes, I know I’m waaaay overdue on the bag, and the Boss scarf, I have a scarf design that came to mind while driving back from Houston 2 weeks ago. The pattern is messily jotted down in the notebook I’ve taken to carrying around with me at the office and the car so I can jot down my creative thoughts. Yesterday, I started thinking about designing my own quilt pattern. Before I cut any fabric though, I think I’ll sketch it out first.
Besides all those crafty ideas, I also have ideas for my house.

First I need to re-paint the kitchen. Yellow is my least favorite color and I painted it in my kitchen anyway. Why? Because it looks good with the cabinets, countertop and my wall décor. It still looks good but I really can’t stand it. The new color has been chosen, it’s just a matter of buying the paint and doing it. Or having it done. I detest painting so will be paying my friend to do it. He is odd and enjoys the painting process.

The bedroom also needs painting and a headboard needs to be purchased. I think I found the one I want but, of course, I have to think it over for freaking ever. Heaven forbid I make a decision I regret.

In the living room, there is wall paper to be removed before painting. The room also needs better lighting and I’m a bit stumped about that solution. Perhaps I shouldn’t have slept through most of my lighting design class.

Don’t even get me started on the court yard and back yard. I have grand mental plans for those areas. It all boils down to money, time and energy, two of which I haven’t got. You guess which.

No comments:

Post a Comment