8.13.2006

Another lazy weekend comes to a close

For a weekend in which I pretty much did nothing, I sure have a lot to write about. Saturday afternoon, Lulu and I drove out to the Hill Country to spend the rest of the weekend with my folks. Gramma and Grandpa, as I've taken to calling them, love having Lulu visit. Oh they like having me visit too, but the fact that many people in their church know all about Lulu has to say something.

Saturday evening we drove out to have dinner with another couple they are friends with. Their house was beautiful. Up on a hill, over looking the lake, surrounded by trees. The food was so good. So very good that I wanted to just eat and eat, but I didn't. And of course the conversation was great too. It turns out that the wife of the couple loves reality tv shows and Project Runway is one of her favorites. So it was a lot of fun to discuss that show with some of a whole different generation.

I even went to bed early last night....before 11pm!

This morning we went to church and I found the sermon very interesting, though I couldn't really tell you what it was about now. But I know it was interesting because I stayed awake for the entire thing! Sometimes I think I inherited some kind of sleeping disease from my dad because we both fall asleep in church so easily.

So after all that, it was back to the parents' house for a nap and then Lulu and I drove home.

An uneventful weekend, but nice and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment