4.28.2007

Nooooooooooo!

My favorite book, The Time Traveler's Wife, is being made into a movie. Noooooo. Of course I will want to see the movie and of course I will hate it and then it will be ruined for me forever!

The same thing happened with another book that I love, Absolute Power by David Baldacci. I read that book during my last semester of college and it was the first time I'd read a book for fun during a school semester probably since I got out of high school. Normally I didn't have time to read, what with all the partying and working. Oh yeah, and the studying and design projects. But I was so stressed out that last semester about graduating and finding a job that I started being unable to sleep and having panic attacks. So I went to the store and bought myself an aromatherapy candle. It was something like $12, which is alot of money when you aren't making any, and while standing in line to pay for it I saw the book. I figured that as long as I was going to charge that dumb candle what's another $8 for a paperback book?

I got sucked into the book, which in a quick recap is the story about a US President commiting murder and the murder being witnessed by a thief. Trust me, it was good and just what I needed to distract me. The next year I start seeing ads for the movie, starring Clint Eastwood. I was totally psyched. It was gonna be great! My mom and I go to the theatre and yes it was an okay movie, but the book was forever changed for me. Now I no longer have my own mental image of the characters.

The fact that I love the Time Traveler's Wife soooo much scares me just a little bit. I tell everyone to read it. It's been months (maybe even a year?) since I read it and I still think about it. Of course I think it would make a great movie but what if it sucks? I'll be so sad.

3 comments:

  1. You MUST not see the movie. That is an order. Why ruin it?

    I have a $25 coupon to Amazon that I keep meaning to use. I will go and buy The Time Travelers Wife. It better be good. (snicker)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But look at what they did with Lonesome Dove. Talk about a great movie AND book. They did it justice so maybe (just maybe) they'll do The Time Traveler's Wife justice also....man, oh man I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have they chosen the actors for this movie yet?

    I'm reserving judgment until I hear who they are deeming worthy enough to play the parts. But seriously? Very few books make it on the big screen. I did like The English Patient, but still the book was better.

    This book? Will really bomb. They will have to age enhance people. When does that ever work in Hollywood? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete