4.17.2007

The Departed


Last night I was The Departed via Netflix. The movie has been at my house for something like 3 weeks but I just finally got around to watching it. Wow. It was really good. Really violent. Really foul language. But so good that I went to bed thinking about it. That doesn't normally happen. It was also my first Scorsese movie. He certainly deserved his Oscar.

Also, Matt Damon was hot. Surprisingly, I also found Leonardo DiCaprio hot. Normally he does nothing for me. I guess I like scruffy guys with heavy Boston accents. Who knew.

5 comments:

  1. matt and i watched this movie a few weeks ago as well, but we didn't think it was that great nor oscar-worthy! it was entertaining, and unintentionally hilarious. we thought it seemed like scorsese just discovered cell phones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see that movie...I don't have a problem with language (obviously, when Claire is telling her brother that she "Doesn't want to be in his fucking club!" we use it alot around here. lol!). My question is about the violence...is it really gory, mostly meaning, it is really bad and against women? For some reason, I just cannot watch things like that...even 'Law & Order: SVU'. It's just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, DUH! Meant to come over and ask you to be my guinea pig. lol! I/my friend, got a blog going on munkeepod. I was wondering if you would run a test run on it and make sure at least comments seem to be in order. If you have any problems, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't watch it. I rented it for my husband. He told me that scene by scene it was copied from a really good film made in Hong Kong. So it's sad that this was a knock-off of another film called Infernal Affairs and the only one to win Scorsese an Oscar. You know? http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/postglobal/needtoknow/2007/02/the_departed_was_better_in_jap.html This is a write up on the subject. Again, I didn't see it. But hearing this sort of made me cringe a little. Especially since the other film wasn't really acknowledged as a source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete