3.31.2007

Is this Hell?

Why yes, yes I think it is. So last Saturday I switched from one SSRI to another. My doctor warned me that I would feel pretty crappy. "Like how?" I asked. Like really PMS she said. WRONG. Unless really bad PMS includes constant crying (not little delicate tears, but big giant, messy, snotty sobs), nausea, intestinal distress, dizzyness, paranoia and night sweats.

In addition to all that fun, work has been hell. This week I cranked out a bid for our Houston office and four floors for a hospital. Being the end of the month and the end of the quarter, everyone wanted their stuff RIGHT NOW. Hold your horses! It's just office furniture, not life and death! Plus there's a bunch of other stuff about my job that gets on my nerves but that I don't want to post about (and that's not just the paranoia talking).

Needless to say, there has been no crafting going on here.

Update: I decided to take one of the old pills and after about 20 minutes felt so much better. So that's what I'm gonna do until I can talk to my doctor. In fact, she might have even told me to do that, but I swear if I don't write it down I don't remember it. Getting old, I guess.

5 comments:

  1. I really don't know ANYTHING about SSRI's dear, but I have to admit, I'm glad to hear that you switched back until you can talk to her. Relieved that you feel better. It doesn't sound at all like that was the normal reaction or that it was the right choice for you. Hope she has a better option. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Liz! It does sound like Hell! I'm with you on getting some relief-- it really sounds awful. Are those withdrawal symptoms? Wow...Well, you have lots and lots of sympathy streaming across the globe from me (imagine it, baby), I'm a permanent member of the Zoloft club (well, so far). Hang in there. I want you back crafting and posting again. Hmmm. I need to do something crafty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuck, doesn't sound like fun. at least you're feeling better now. snotty sobs and nausea and paranoia?! yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you decided to take one of the old pills. Cold Turkey sounded horrid! Hope things are going better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's not the same thing, but when I switched allergy medicines my Dr. said I could continue on the old one and did I remember? No - not until 3 days had gone by and I was feeling horrible and migrainey. I need to write everything down! I'm glad you're doing better, though. I am so thankful there are drugs to help us through this life.

    ReplyDelete