3.09.2007

South Congress Cafe


carrot cake French toast
Originally uploaded by Elizabeth_K.
Last weekend, my mom came to town and spent the night with me. We had dinner at a great Persian place but I forgot my camera. Darn, I'll just have to go again and eat more delicious hummus to blog about.

On Sunday morning we...wait for it...skipped church (well mom did anyway) and went downtown for brunch. We ate at the South Congress cafe, where our eyes were bigger than our stomachs. Take a look at the menu, can you blame us?! Mom had the migas, which were quite tasty, and I had the eggs Benedict, which were not that great. For dessert (yes, even brunch deserves dessert) we had carrot cake French toast.

Normally, I am not a French toast fan. Too sweet & too soggy. But not this. Oh no, it was just the right amount of moist deliciousness served with a side of cream cheese pecan syrup . Unfortunately, I was too full to really enjoy it. Next time I will only order the French toast!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you have, but have you been to Chez Zee?

    My ABSOLUTE favorite for brunch in Austin. I'll have to check out South congress Cafe, though. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh that looks so yummy!! and migas!! i miss the south.

    ReplyDelete