3.12.2007

It's rainin' men.....

Don't I wish. But no, it's just the regular kind of rain, which we need since all the yards are getting crispy. But today I was in kind of a funk because frankly, I could use a good smoochin. Between the rain and the cute British chick lit I was reading, I was totally craving that butterfly in the stomach feeling that you always get right before the first kiss. But since no George Clooney showed up on my door step or anything, I had to make do giving Lulu lots of cuddles.

This evening I watched several episodes of a very entertaining show entitled Ladette to Lady. It's a British series that takes rough, trashy girls and tries to teach them the ways of a lady. They go to a proper 1950s finishing school to learn things like: cookery, sewing, and the proper way to walk, talk and interact with men. I think it looks like a lot of fun, but even in my hardest partying days I was a light weight compared to these chicks. Most of them have a difficult time and hearing them curse in the various British accents cracks me up. Don't think I won't be cursing like that under my breath tomorrow.

I love that some of the euphemisms for acting like are slut are: trollop and slapper. Hiiiiiiiiiilarious. Some of my laughter may have actually frightened Lulu. Or it could have just been the thunder. Whatever.

I'm off to the pub for a pint and a packet of crisps, g'night luv!

just kidding, I'm going to bed now, just as soon as I pull Lulu in from barking at the possom in the rain. I was born on the wrong continent.

also, need cold shower now after googling for photos of George Clooney

No comments:

Post a Comment