3.25.2007

Ramblings about blisters and such

Yesterday, I took Lulu for a walk along our usual route. My shoes are kind of new, but not that new, so maybe it was my socks that gave me a small blister on my heel. After that, I went to the gym. The blister didn't hurt that much and since I do the elliptical, I figured I be okay. Wrong. It didn't start hurting until tonight but oh my god, the pain. My family thinks I'm a big baby, and usually I am, but seriously, this hurts. Think that stinging pain you get from a tattoo before the endorphins kick in.

Hmmmm, okay that's not a good analogy for those of you lacking ink. Oh! Digression: another thing to add to my If I had $1,000,000 list--more ink.

Think the stinging of a bad sun burn.

Speaking of sun burns....or rather the damage they cause 25 years later (how am I old enough to have had something happen to me over 25 years ago? but I digress)...

When I was at the doctor (my GP) last week, just for a check up before she takes off for 4 months, she made a not happy face at a dark freckle I have on the side of my hairline. It's been there for several years and I even had a dermatologist look at it last year. That doctor didn't seem worried. But if my regular doctor is, well it makes me worry just a wee wincey bit. (yes, dad, I'm making up words again). Plus, part of it does look darker.

Nearly six years ago my GP cut a spot out of my arm that turned out to be pre-cancerous. She was worried about it enough to send me to a dermatologist, who cut out even more and left me with a nasty scar. I almost wish I was blogging back then because I would have had the best grossest picture to show ya'll. My entire upper left bicep bruised up and looked like a raw steak. I got woozy the first time I had to change the dressing. It was awesome.

So I guess I need to go back to the derm and have it looked at. If anything requiring cutting, or stitches or anything else gross happens I'll be sure to let you know.

4 comments:

  1. do keep an eye on it and have the 'derm' look at it. Hoping no gross photos are required. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, all the gory details, please. An photos. Sinan has sprouted a weird little thing in his ear. I can see it, he can't, but it'S STARING ME in the face when I sit next to him, and I'm like "Get that thing REMOVED, man!" ewwwwwwww...He is very fair skinned (doesn't tan at all, how is that for a Turk), so who knows what the neck this thing is...Bist to go to the doctor and get these things taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i once had a raw steak scar, too. hopefully it all turns out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooo! I wanna see your arm next time I'm there! ha!

    ReplyDelete