7.04.2006

Possum vs dogs, part 2

There's a rather large possum visiting my yard again. I think it may be Mr. Possum. It could be one of the babies grown up, who knows.

Anyway, this morning Gus pulled it off the fence and I had to grab him by the scruff of his neck to drag him inside while I carried Lulu in the other. This possum isn't as fiesty as the other one because he was visibly shaken and it took him some time to amble across the yard and up the fence back to his hiding spot.

Tonight, the dogs were in the yard, in the rain no less, and the possum was back. He was scared stiff on the fence and not going anywhere. Gus is kinda doped up right now due to his tail itchiness, so his vertical leap is a bit off. He was jumping up but not getting close to the possum and making the strangest sounds. I wish I could record it for ya'll to hear. Anyway, that possum wasn't going to move and the dogs weren't going to leave it, so I had to go out there and poke the possum with my rake so it would move along.

That's right, I poked it and that's all I did. No beating, no cursing. I've come to peace with the possums.

No comments:

Post a Comment