7.22.2006

Popcorn

I love the Chippie’s blog. She loves chips and uses her blog to rate the tastiness of all varieties of chips. So when I was shopping at Central Market yesterday, and saw these bags of popcorn, I just had to be a dork and get them to blog about. The two flavors I bought were smoked Gouda and Romano with pesto. I’m all about the cheese popcorn.

I opened the smoked Gouda flavor first. Upon first bite I could definitely taste the cheese. Sometimes these flavored cheese popcorns can have a very fake taste, but not this one. After a few more handfuls the smokiness starts to kick in and there is a subtle note of pepper. Just a bit. Good stuff. I had to put the bag away so I didn’t eat it all at once.

The Romano with pesto is a whole ‘nother bag of taste. Now I love basil and I love pesto, but this popcorn is just not right. Too herby or something. The dogs also love popcorn so maybe I’ll give some to them.

1 comment:

  1. oh how i miss central market, so. if they opened one in nyc, though, it would be like another circle in dante's inferno.

    ReplyDelete