12.23.2006

Wishing you happy holidays

In a few hours I'll be packing up the car and the dog and heading out to the hill country to spend a few days with family. Mentally, I've written several very witty and informative posts, but you know how I am so you'll just have to pretend that you got to read them.

Before I leave town I need to:
-finish wrapping gifts
-take a shower
-gather ingredients and recipe for the dressing
-go to Target and buy shampoo for brunette hair (that's right, I have dark hair now and the blonde shampoo just will not do)
-pack while Lulu whines because she's afraid I'm leaving her behind
-buy lottery scratch off tickets (I've given them to the family for the last couple of years---trying to start a new tradition ala toothbrushes. What, you don't know what I'm talking about? That was covered in one of the mental posts--we get toothbrushes in the stockings.)
-enter receipts into MSMoney so I know how much money I have left

I'm sure there are other things I'll do but I can't think of them at this point and there are less than 4 hours before I leave town. Normally, it would not matter when I leave, but a friend is riding with me and we have a set time when I'm picking her up.

On a side note: I used to be neat and prompt. Both have fallen to the wayside. Wonder what that's all about.

4 comments:

  1. merry christmas!! hope you have a wonderful time. i'm excited for your toothbrush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Christmas! Can't wait to see pictures of your new hair color. I highly recommend the Shine Shock for brunettes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, it's me, KatieK (with work account), just popping in to wish you a happy Christmas and to send you the greatest bestest vibes for a happening 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll pretend to have read all of your witty and informative posts if you'll pretend to read mine...because I do the same thing-always thinking of stuff that never actually makes it to the blog.

    Hope your Christmas was wonderful...but I want to know where in the Hill Country you got to go. And hey! It was actually cold this year!

    ReplyDelete