12.10.2006

Sad news

I'm sad to report that one of Miss Doxie's dogs, Tasha, passed away yesterday from pneumonia. As soon as I read that on her blog, I had to stop and give Lulu some love. It makes me sad that dogs can be our closest companions and confidants yet we don't know how ill they are until it's too late.

Last year I read a book in which a man tries to teach his dog to speak, because the dog was a witness to the suicide of the man's wife. Have you read The Dogs of Babel? If you are at all a crier, keep the hanky nearby.

1 comment:

  1. Hey-about noon today, we decided to pick up and head to Austin for a few cool things...including Bubble Tea! I've been dying to try it for the longest. (It was very good!) Anyway, as we were driving up there I thought of you and wished I had planned ahead and had you meet us at the Bubble Tea place...I know there are several there, but we went to Momoko on 24th street...cute, cute shop; especially if you like Japanese toys and stickers and stuff. We will have to plan ahead next time!

    Sorry to hear about Miss Doxie's Tasha...that's always so sad.

    ReplyDelete