12.27.2006

Christmas Day Report

me & LuluI hope that you all had a very merry Christmas. Mine was quite nice. That is, until the afternoon when I started getting a headache that, by dinner time, morphed into a migraine. After taking Excedrin for tension headaches, Darvocet and Fioricet without getting any relief, I began to get paranoid that I was going to overdose. As you can see, that did not happen.

Here is a shot of our stocking loot.
stocking loot
Normally, the stockings are done on the sofa, but with all the dogs and Kristin not arriving until mid-morning, we decided to do them at the table. I know that some people use stockings to give small trinkets and candies but ours usually contain useful things like Target gift cards, toothbrushes, and stamps.

This year, Kristin finally got the one thing she's been wanting for years. Lonesome Dove on dvd. She was very happy (as was I so I don't have to listen to her complain about not having it anymore).
lonesome dove
I got a children's book, Pretzel, that has been on my Amazon wish list for years. Also a quilting book and Amy Butler's Stitches (which actually is still in transit).

For the past several years, our parents have given Kristin and myself what we like to call a "practical" gift. The first year it was jumper cables, then a fire extinguisher, then a small tool set and last year it was a cordless drill. This year there was a bit of deviation since Kristin got a set of sheets and I got a pair (it's not really a pair, just one, but pair sounds better) of Loppers with telescoping handles.


All in all it was a very enjoyable holiday. Everyone was happy and relaxed.
sweet doxies dad & gus

Oh, I even got the sock monkey slippers. So comfy and cute!slippers

3 comments:

  1. ooh i love the sock monkey slippers! glad you didn't overdose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some hefty medication you took. I know the feeling. Last year I had migraine take me to the hospital on more than one occassion. It was terrible and really, very scary. I hope you can avoid any repeat episodes.

    I'm also glad to see that you had such a great holiday. My family has always given real gifts as stocking stuffers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the sock monkey slippers!!

    Sounds like Christmas was a good time except for the migraine -- sorry to hear about that.

    Your parents are such practical gift givers. Have fun iwth the loppers.

    ReplyDelete