4.13.2006

Easter Memories

Happy Easter Ya'll!!

This little cartoon cracks me right the hell up. When I was little, and maybe even not so little, my dad would ask if he could have a bite of my chocolate Easter bunny. Being the good daughter that loves her father I let him take a bite. Only he would bite the ears! Mayem would ensue. There would always be yelling and sometimes even tears.

I don't get chocolate bunnies in my Easter baskets anymore, mostly because it's not the best chocolate and I'm always trying to watch my weight (watch it grow right on the scale, but whatever). My dad still does though, but only because he bought a "Mr. Big Ears" at the after Easter candy sale at Wal-Mart a few years ago. Mr. Big Ears spends 364 days a year on the top shelf of my dad's closet, all wrapped up in cardboard and cellophane goodness. On Easter morning, Dad puts the chocolate bunny in front of his plate at the breakfast table and declares how good it is that the bunny has visited once again.

Dad is a bit off if you haven't already guessed.

I have more dad chocolate stories to share, but they'll have to wait for another time.


1 comment:

  1. It's not a Mr. Big Ears. It is BIGGER! It's Gran-bunny or something like that. It does crack me up that he has been getting the same bunny for the past 3 years and he still acts surprised every Easter morning.

    ReplyDelete