6.27.2006

Short comings

Back in February, as my boss was ooohing and aaaahing over my scarf, and saying that he wanted one, I foolishly told him I would make him one. He purchased the yarn, under my guidance, and gave it to me. It's just a simple scarf that I'm doing in a knit one purl one pattern. It took me forever (7 frogs) to get what I thought was the right width, only now that I'm halfway into it I realize that it's too wide and I don't have enough yarn to continue at that width. Argh.

Shoot me now. I am going to have to frog and re-wind 2 and 2/3 skeins of yarn and then start over.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...I certainly know what that's like... at least it's not something he needs to use right away! Good luck, and no shooting! The dogs would be too lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh - that sounds bad. I'm such a slow knitter, too so it sounds REALLY bad to me. Maybe with all the experience you've had with this yarn, you'll get it the right width this time! And rest assured, with the worst of the heat yet to come, he's probably not even going to ask you about it for another 3 months.

    ReplyDelete