9.18.2007

Coach, thy name is evil!

Why must you torture me so, Coach?

Tonight I had to return a dress I purchased at Dillards and as I normally do, I entered the store on the side with the make up and purses. This is where the Coach purses are. Being that Fall is about to arrive, all the new purses are out.

And what do I spy?



The new Coach Hamptons Stripe Hobo. Now, having never been to the Hamptons I don't know if they have hobos there but I'm guessing they don't. Martha would never allow it.

Please do not ask me what my deal is with Coach purses. They aren't all that exotic or fancy or fashionable or whatever. They are the epitome of consumerism. I know these things. Does this stop from me letting out a little gasp and then fondling the bag? No, it does not. What does stop me from having the saleswoman unlock the bag from the special little stand that lets you touch but not try on and wrap it up for me is the $298 price tag. For a bag that isn't even all leather!

When I win the lottery, I am so going on a Coach shopping spree. Watch out.

2 comments:

  1. I love this bag Liz.

    Sorry about the problems on Sunday. Hope you are back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it makes you feel better that bag is as tired as it unattractive. Plus the whole gucci knock-off thing. I just don't see the appeal.

    ReplyDelete