2.27.2007

Reflections


Senior picture
Originally uploaded by Elizabeth_K.
I thought y'all might get a kick out of my senior photo. It was taken in July of 1990--I graduated in 1991--and that is me looking tan. If there is one thing I'm vain about, it's my hair. The amount of time I wasted getting those giant bangs juuuuuuuust right. On days when I wanted my hair to look really good, I would ask my mom to blow dry it. This was in the days before flat irons were really popular and she could make my hair smooth as glass.

My bushy eyebrows crack me up. I even plucked back then, so imagine how they really could be! Also, my eyes are not brown (yes, even when I'm full of bullshit). All through high school I wore brown tinted contact lenses. Who does that? Most girls want blue or green eyes. I was so strange.

Was.

Really. I'm not any more.

Well not so much anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Considering that aside from the plucked eyebrows and the updated hair and clothes, I'd say your trainer has it right on... you really haven't changed a bit from back then, Lizzie. You could pass for a teen. Do you get carded when you go out? Because you are so young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh we all had bushy eyebrows. and look at your curls! they are so perfectly placed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look about 10, no 20 minutes older now than you did in that photo. Those are some bigole bangs.

    I don't judge the brown contacts. I'd wear them in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were SO CUTE!!! I mean, you still are cute, of course, but the bangs are really to die for! :)) I love the description of your mother smoothing your hair until it was like glass. Great detail. [sigh] Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Where you as sweet and innocent as you looked??? lol!

    Big bangs? You should have seen the ones in Houston! With all that humidity and hairspray, they were more like a roof than bangs!

    Bushy eyebrows? Puh-leese! Maybe I'm just old and blind, but I can barely see them!

    You were adorable...and yes, you look all of about 20 minutes older now!

    OK-onto other important subjects...SUPER JoANN'S!!! We still on for this weekend? AND...just say you had to pick a fabric to match with it...what do you think or what's your favorite color...I have a little of everything!

    ReplyDelete