9.23.2006

Does your mother do this too?

About an hour ago, as it is starting to rain and storm in a big way, I get a call from my mother. She wanted to know what time a friend and I are going out to dinner. She's worried about me driving in the storm. Now keep in mind, we haven't had a lot of rain here in several months, so the news guys are going crazy. They probably have a "Thunder Storm 2006" logo and every thing.

Next Sunday I will be 33 years old. I've made it this long without killing myself by driving in a thunder storm. I think I can make it at least one more night.

2 comments:

  1. ohhh my mom gives the same type of advice on a daily basis. :) it amuses me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my parents lived close enough to know the local weather conditions, then yes. When there is big weather news related to Texas, I always get a call. Sometimes it's hard for them to believe that the flood is 5 hours away.

    ReplyDelete