9.16.2006

Austin City Limits Festival

That's right baybeeeees, I've been sweatin' my ass of at Zilker park, checking out the music of the
ACL Fest
.

Yesterday, I walked from Ceasar Chavez, across the Lamar pedestrian bridge, down Lamar to Barton Springs and then to the festival. Know y'all know I'm lazy and that's a fair distance. And I was carrying my little fold up chair, camera and sun screen. It was 105 degrees and I haven't been in the sun all summer. Needless to say, by the time Kristin met me at the front gate I was about to throw up.

But as soon as I got some water, everything was alright. As we walked through the crowd back over to the stage where Gnarls Barkley was playing, we saw this girl wearing the craziest outfit. I can't even describe it but to say it was a definite Glamour Don't.

Another band that was really good was Thievery Corporation. Their music was a funky mix of reggae and house music. I think. Whatever it was, I liked it alot.

At the end of the night, as we left the park, I realized I was hungry even though I'd had dinner. How could I have the munchies? Contact high, I'm sure. There was much pot smoking going.

Now I need to take a nap before heading back out there. Tonight I'm looking forward to seeing The Shins and the Raconteurs. My favorites for tomorrow are KT Tunstall and Matisyahu, the reggae rapping orthodox Jew.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sooo jealous - have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous. I had tickets for this year's festival but I had to sell it and cancel my trip. Tight budget you see...

    Anyway, I was there last year and it was an awesome experience. Coldplay headlined then and it was heavenly.

    Enjoy yourself. Stay cool. Your blog's a good read, btw.

    ReplyDelete