7.29.2007

If it's good enough for Antrhax, it's good enough for me

So this past week was my vacation off from work and Kristin came down to spend it with me. Unfortunately, I came down with a sinus infection at the beginning of the week. This was not really a surprise considering that I'd been under a great deal of stress at work for the last month and really needed a week off in the worst way. I put off seeing the doctor, but when it became unavoidable, off I went. She gave me an rx for Cipro which is a common treatment for Anthrax.

Needless to say, the many things we had planned for our week of thrills and excitement in Austin did not happen, mostly due to my sicklyness, but also due to the rain (wasn't I baking cookies in my car this time last year?!). We did manage to visit the LBJ library, where I learned that Lady Bird's real name was Claudia, and ate at several yummy places. Kristin took photos of the food and as soon as she blogs about it or loads the photos to her Flickr account I'll be sure to let y'all know. I'm sure you're just waiting with baited breath.

We also saw the newest Harry Potter movie and finished reading the final Harry Potter book, which when you do both concurrently can really mess with your head. Then we had a small discussion about both, which I don't know about Kristin, made me feel kinda dorky. But the most decadent thing we did was spend a good six hours watching a season 3 marathon of America's Next Top Model. This is not a show I have ever watched before so I had no idea that what we were watching was several seasons old so imagine how pissed I was to find out that we missed the episode revealing the winner. Thank god for Google. Yes, I was that invested in it. Hello, 6 hours of my life I'll never have back.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, I want to discuss HP with someone in the worst way, but don't want to spoil it. But it was good, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I feel like a dork when I discuss HP. I'm 27, but it is a damn good book and is going to make an awesome movie and hello, Harry is HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG my nieces and I did the same thing this last fall. It was cold and snowy out so we watched like 6 hours of America's next top model, only to find out it was a few years old. Duh. I felt the same way you did.

    I made Nicole tell me about the 6th book because I doubt I will ever read it. Maybe I will, nah - I'll wait for the movie.

    ReplyDelete