12.23.2007

Last minute crafting

This morning I woke up at 6am, wide awake. This has been happening lately on my days off. What is that about? So I got up and made peppermint bark and then got started on making the pouches for the boyfriend's nieces. See, he got them ipods for Christmas (best uncle ever!) so I thought that since I had waited until the very last minute (we're leaving around noon to go see his family) that I would forgo the zippered things and just whip up something simple. Which I did. Only, I have no snaps or velcro. So no way to close the little pouch. Leaving the precious iPod unprotected. That just won't do.

nano pouch

So I went back to the zipper plan. And hey! I finally figured out how to work the zipper foot correctly. I R SMRT. But as you can see, it still didn't work out so well. The fabric was too close to the edge and got stuck in the zipper. Oops.

zipper mess

So that's it. I'm calling it quits. No presents from me. I doubt they'll even notice. If you got an iPod, would you? No, I didn't think so.

ps. Beki over at Artsy Craftsy Babe sent me this fabric in a swap over a year ago and I finally decided to use it.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously Liz? You just get to slide along the my cool uncle got me an ipod slide...you're the cool uncles girlfriend. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete