8.28.2007

Almost that time of year

What time of year? Why Fair Food time of year! I was getting out of the shower this morning and caught the end of a bit on the radio discussing the entries in the fried food contest for the Texas State fair. Some of the past years' winners include deep fried Coke, fried PB&J and fried Oreos (which, not so good honestly).

I'll be going to the Fair with Kristin and El Hombre the first weekend in October and I can't wait. Mostly we just walk around and eat and people watch and visit the new car show. But since all three of us have new cars maybe we can skip the new cars? Maybe El Hombre, maybe? But we can't miss the petting zoo as that is my favorite part. Last year Kristin was overly excited by the giant pig's balls. We just can't take her anywhere. Crass.

3 comments:

  1. It's that time again here, too. For Minnesota, not Wisconsin. Don't know if we'll get there. Don't know if I go there last year, though I think I did. Hard to pass up the food fair. I hear this is second in the nation for fairs only to Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I see a news report about deep fried mocha this year? I need a personal review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot help it that i'm mesmerized by the size of animal balls. They were gigantic and I'm really a 12 year old boy.

    ReplyDelete