5.22.2006

Weekend Update

Yesterday, my mom came over to have lunch and hang for the day. When she got here, Kristin and her boyfriend were still loading up all her things so she was able to say good-bye. You'd think she hadn't seen us in ages, instead of just the previous weekend. Anyway, after they left, mom got on a serious cleaning kick.

There is a very good reason why this blog is named Lazy Life. I am a poor housekeeper (except for the kitchen, that's clean). I thought once I owned my own place I might change. Ha! So pretty much every surface in the house was covered with a mixture of dust and dog hair. The dish cloth mom grabbed is now black.

So once I was able to get the rag out of her hand we went off for an unsatisfactory lunch at Johnny Carino's. Our waitress was surly and the food was blagh. After that we went to Kohl's, where I scored an iHome clock/radio. It's also plays and charges my iPod, which is totally cool. Then, still being in the shopping mood, we went to browse some furniture.

Look what I bought:



Well, mine is very similar. I got it at Rooms to Go, along with a fabric chair that reclines. Sweeeet! I'll have to fight the dogs for it, I'm sure.

So now I must become un-lazy because the living room needs painting before the furniture is delivered in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment