5.23.2006

Back again


Gus at night
Originally uploaded by Liz K Austin.
The damn possum is back again! Tonight, Gus was so quiet when he pulled it down from the fence--he has major vertical leap--that I didn't realize it until I heard him and Lulu rustling about. They were playing tug of war with it.

Tug of war, people! With a live animal that has sharp teeth and claws!

I had to drag Gus inside the house by the scruff of his neck, since he doesn't wear his tags in the house/yard--he has itches and I'd never get any peace. Lulu was a little easier, I just had to kind of shoo her inside.

A few moments later the possum got up and ambled back across the yard, up the fence, and into the viney tree.

A few moments after that, I let the dogs outside because they were going nuts inside. I snapped this photo of Gus as he searched for his frien-enemy, the possum, again.

2 comments: