10.03.2007

Why it's a miracle I'm still alive

On a near daily basis, I could be a Darwin Award winner. Here is today's reason why:

This morning I woke up around 5 am smelling gas. I checked the stove, found nothing out of the ordinary (although did find it funny to be sticking my head in the oven) so thought maybe instead of the visual aura many migraine sufferers get that I was getting a smelling one. So I took a pill and went back to bed. When I got home from work and the gym just a bit ago the place still reeked. So obviously, I wasn't imagining things. I opened all the windows and doors, shuffled through my papers to find the number for the gas company and now am waiting for them to come fix things. They told me not to turn on any electrical devices that were not already on--thank goodness I left the computer on when I went to work!

Here comes the Darwin part. In order to get into my home I used the garage door opener. I have a feeling that it's the hot water heater pilot light that is out since the smell is strongest in my bedroom which is closest to the heater. So that's miracle number one...that I didn't blow up when I opened the garage door. Or when I turned on the bedroom light. And it's a miracle that my place didn't blow up when the bedroom lamp that's on a timer turned on. See, every day I narrowly miss being on News of the Weird.

3 comments:

  1. So what exactly was the problem? And did they fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god. gas freaks me out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gas leaks are a scary, scary thing! Looks like you had fun at the state fair. Did you make it over to Cabbage Rose?

    :o)

    ReplyDelete