5.03.2009

You have GOT to be kidding me

So a couple of weeks ago my manager was behind me on the drive in to work. She told me that one of my tail lights was out. Today I finally get around to buying the bulb. Now, I really wanted to just go to the mechanic shop and have them do it but I thought "I'm a big girl, I can do this".

Only, I can't get the damn plastic panel open to even put the bulbs in. I think there must be some trick so off to my trusty pal Google I go. This is what I find:
Inside the trunk/hatch area, directly behind the tail light assembly, are two cover plates. Remove these with a flat tool (screwdriver will work) by prying in the small slit. They pop off. Inside one you will see a nut. This is a 10mm socket. NOTE: This nut is very easy to lose once loosened! If at all possible use a magnetic socket.


Other quotes include saying to just take the car into the Nissan dealer. @#!$@ I don't have time for this. Do you think I own a 10mm socket? Much less one that is magnetized? Honestly, I'm not even sure I could tell you what a socket looks like at this point I am so enraged.

I knew I should have just gone mechanic shop to start with.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone needs a set of tools, including a set of sockets.

    ReplyDelete