3.21.2008

Always a bridesmaid.....

So my baby sister is getting married. It's so exciting! She and El Hombre (that's what she calls her boyfriend, I mean fiance, on the internets) have been dating for nearly 4 years. When they began Living in Sin last summer she told him he had a year to propose.

So one morning in January, while I was at work, he sent me an email. In it he said that he was going to propose and wanted my help finding out what kind of ring Kristin wanted. Oh my gosh! I was so excited that I practically shouted. Picture me all Home Alone style with my hands over my face. My coworkers thought something bad had happened because I could not speak with my crying tears of joy. But then I had to keep it secret for nearly two months! Do you know how hard that was?! I talk to my sister almost every day. It just killed me not to tell anyone.

El Hombre came up with a plan to have all of my sister's friends, our parents, El Hombre's parents, myself and the boyfriend present for the proposal. She had no idea that we were going to be there and once again it was so hard for me to not let it slip that I was going to be in Dallas that weekend.

Let me tell you that the look on her face when we walked in the door of the restaurant was worth it. I wish I'd had a video camera. It all happened so fast that we didn't get too many photos but here are a few:





I'm sure there will be more wedding related posts to come. We went wedding dress shopping last weekend. She's already bought it. It's beautiful. Now we've got to find the bridesmaids dresses. That should be fun. I'm 34. The other girls are like 26 or something. Yay. I feel old next to them.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Liz! I am so excited and I don't even know your sister. Wow...she already found her dress? That is great.

    And who knows.....maybe next year, you may be a bride?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! and congrats to your sis. now what are these bridesmaid dreses going to look like??

    ReplyDelete