2.06.2007

Aptly named

So a new faucet has been purchased. Has it been installed yet? Ha! This blog ain't the Lazy Life for nothin'! The box is still in my car. Too bad I can't just snap my fingers and have it be done. The idea of rinsing my dinner dish (home made Indian food, y'all) in the tub skeeves me out. Don't ask me why because it's not like that tub is some sparkling thing of clean. I suppose I could let Lulu lick the dish first and then just put it in the dishwasher.

My relationship with the dishwasher is an odd one. It's all my mother's fault. You see, at some point in my childhood my mom quit using the dishwasher and all the dishes were done by hand. Mostly with her washing and me drying. Occasionally, Kristin would dry while I would wash but it's really better if we just don't talk about that. Since I'm used to washing by hand I don't use my dishwasher all that much and when I do, everything is practically clean already by the time I finish rinsing the dishes first. When my parents built their current home, they didn't even have the dishwasher installed! How crazy is that?! They did have it plumbed for one though so it can easily be added.

Okay, Lulu is having a fit over a possum so I'm going to distract her with my dirty dish now.

1 comment:

  1. i don't have a dishwasher, but i think if i did, i'd be the same way, rinsing them till they're pretty much clean before putting them in the machine. i can't stand having dirty dishes pile up in my sink or, in a dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete