1.26.2007

Crocodile Tears

Once again, Grey's Anatomy made me cry. Seriously. Last week it was George's dad dying. When he said he could not imagine existing in a world where his father doesn't? Giant sobs. Things about dads always get me. The movie Armaggedon, with Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck, is a total cheesefest but that doesn't mean I don't cry buckets every time I see it. Anyway, back to Grey's. So this week George is not dealing with his father's death in the typical way. Instead, he's being a horn dog. Not that I blame him, because the actress playing Callie is smokin' hot and I wished I looked that good (remember the red lace underwear?!) But when he goes on one knee to propose to her....more tears. Then Dr. Chang caving and speaking first? Then Dr. McSteamy apologizing and realizing that Meredith has never had that happen? Can you tell that this show speaks to me? Don't I like to pretend that I'm Izzy (do not even get me started on Denny and his death).

So now you know that I tend to cry just about every time I watch GA. I also cry when I hear the Dixie Chick's song Travelin' Solider, which is about a guy that dies in Vietnam. I cry when news shows talk about the obesity epidemic and fat kids talk about how they get picked on and stuff (not really any surprise why that makes me cry). I cry when my sister cries. I cry when Gus dies in Lonesome Dove. I cry when I'm frustrated and angry because yelling was not done when I grew up. I cry when my dad and I talk about serious things, like jobs and finances. Basically, I'm a big ol' cry baby.

Yes, sometimes it's embarrassing but I think it's better to actually feel my emotions than to keep them all inside and be a cold rock.

1 comment:

  1. I cry big old buckets too when Gus dies in Lonesome Dove.

    ReplyDelete