9.10.2008

Anything for a buck

well almost....a couple of weeks ago I spent 20 minutes on the phone with some guy answering questions about my tv watching habits and then because he said I would get cash money in the mail I let him send me more surveys to fill out. Yes, for six whole dollars I agreed to track what tv shows I watched for a week. The joke was on him though because that was the week the Olympics were on and I dvr'd a lot of things but watched very little.

Last week I got a call from a local market research place. I was disqualified right away because I sell furniture. Technically, I personally do not sell it, but I've sold it in the past and the company I work for now sells it. So I have no idea what that was for.

Tonight I got another and was nearly disqualified again! This time because a relative works for an internet service provider. Maybe I just shouldn't explain so much? See my dad had this company....but now he's retired...so does that count? I guess they figured it's cool because they kept asking me questions about my cell phone ("you use it to make calls?" uhm yes lady, I'm speaking on it now), how often I'm on the internet, etc. So in a couple of weeks I'm going to sit in a room full of strangers for two hours and talk about my internet usage. One of my favorite topics! And I'll make $125 in CASH. Maybe they will give me an iPhone. That would be totally excellent (yes, I'm trying to bring back 80s slang. work with me)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that's pretty cool. I'd like to do something like that. Back when I lived in Colorado (way back in the 80's, coincidentally...) I worked in a mall (honest!) and on my break would wander to the food court and once in a while would stop and do a survey. I think the most I ever got out of it was a couple of cases of pop that I had to do a taste test on and fill out a form. :)

    I had forgotten that story completely until just now. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $125 is good! I made $100 by being involved in a marketing group discussion about phone/cable/Internet a few weeks ago. I was doubly-happy when I got to tell them how stupid they were and the story of how they lost my business after being a customer for 4 years.

    ReplyDelete