11.21.2010

Getting crazy up in here

photo.JPG

Have you heard about Four Loko? Several states have already banned it and North Carolina is working on it. The FDA is also trying to ban this malt liquor caffienated energy drink nationwide. Why? Because people are stupid and must be saved from themselves. What's next? Nike shoes because they make you run too fast? ANYway. It's been all over the news here, because there is nothing the Raleigh news likes better than to overhype a story, so you know it made me want to try it.

About to get loko'd
First, let me preface this by saying, I am not a big drinker. If Four Loko had been around during my college days this could have gone a whole 'nother way though. I can definitely see how this would have been a big hit.

So last night The Boyfriend and I found a gas station that still had some of the drink on their shelves. We bought a couple of cans. He got blueberry and I got cranberry lemonade. Sounds delicious, right? Yeah, no. There is a reason the kids are chugging these....they taste like ass. I could only drink about half of mine. I didn't feel drunk, exactly, but I sure didn't feel good. Me and malt liquor don't mix. This morning I'm feeling a bit rough. I'll stick to my Jack and Coke, thanks.

Googling for links to put in this post led me to this blog. It's pretty funny. You should read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment