6.18.2007

Frustration

For the last week or so I have been trying to catch up on some sewing projects that have been in the works for, seriously, the last year. My least favorite part of a sewing project is the pinning and cutting out of the pattern. I just hate that part. Well tonight I finally got this bag all cut out (yeah, yeah, it has taken me over a year) and I was ready to start sewing.

And then I was stuck. Because I can not figure out the first step. It's like I've forgotten how to read! Here are the instructions:

Apply the fusible interfacing to two band sections, following manufacturer's directions. With the right sides together, stitch the two interfaced band sections together along notched ends. The remaining two bands will be referred to as facing.

Below is the picture that goes with the instruction



OOOoooooh....I think I just figured it out. My interfacing is not fusible and I was getting confused. Dur. Let's blame it on the Topamax (one of the side effects can be mental confusion). But you know what, I don't even like this fabric anymore, so maybe it's time to move on to something fun. I'm an adult. I'm allowed to not finish what I start.

3 comments:

  1. I highly recommend the fusible interfacing, if you need it for future projects.

    I think the fabric is pretty, but I understand how it becomes unappealing when you feel like you ought to do the project and it's not fun anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've put it all away now. Maybe I'll come back to it in another year and like the fabric again. I'm fickle like that. But fusible interfacing has been purchased for other projects.

    ReplyDelete