11.06.2011

At least I wasn't last

City of Oaks

My time was atrocious but I was expecting that. I had a good start and was doing well until around mile four when my body realized what I was doing to it and was all WTF!?! Then around mile six we actually went right by the parking lot where my car was. It took everything I had not to get in it and drive away.

I wasn't the last half marathoner to finish.... I was second to last. WOoOo.

Hopefully, I'll be able to walk in the morning. Tonight I'm hobbling like an old old woman.

1 comment:

  1. WELL DONE! I wish I'd done some of these bigger/longer races when I was running. I don't believe my body would put up with running any more.

    Congratulations, Liz! This was truly an achievement for which you can be proud! You did it! And you kept going, even when it would have been so easy to stop. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete