10.23.2011

I did have something to say

Last night, as I was falling asleep, I was mentally composing a blog post but of course I've forgotten it now. So you'll just have to deal with my ramblings. I have a cold and I'm sneezing all over the place. It's a miracle my eyeballs haven't popped out yet.

So earlier this week I had surgery on my thumb. About a year ago I did something to my left thumb that created a tiny bump that would occasionally hurt if I moved it the wrong way. Well, as the months went on it grew larger and would hurt more often. It freaked Tom out.


So in August I finally went to see a doctor about it. I was so nervous when I was in the waiting room, because I just knew the doctor was going to amputate or something that very day, that I texted Tom to tell him about it. Shortly thereafter he showed up just to sit with me. Because that's how awesome he was. Anyway, long story short, that doctor sent me to hand surgeon and that's why I had surgery this past Thursday.

The first doctor ordered an ultrasound of the bump, so Tom and I started calling the thing my thumb babies. Dumb, I know, but that's how we roll. Turns out there were not sea monkeys in there but some kind of orange chewed up gum looking mass. A tumor (it's not a tumor). Most likely benign so I'm not freaked out.

Although, as they were prepping my hand and then numbing me up I did start to cry. Not because it hurt. I mean really. I've had migraines that made me want to kill myself so I can stand a few seconds of pain. No, I was crying because I wanted Tom to be there. But he wasn't so I had to suck it up and deal.

And now I have this giant bandaged thumb, beneath which are a bunch of stitches.
 It's a bit ridic,don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Gig'um Aggies.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! But Tom sounds like a total sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete