9.26.2011

Three Words

Tattoo

Last summer, after running the three half marathons, I wanted to get a tattoo to remind me of what I had achieved. So a little over a month ago, Tom and I found ourselves with some time to kill before going to see a movie. We went to the tattoo shop and I had this phrase, do your best, inked on the inside of my right wrist. It's a phrase my dad used to say to me every morning when I left for school and something I try to do every day.

But now these three words have a different meaning.

Do your best...

So I'm doing my best to get up and go to work each morning, to pay attention to Lulu, to eat, to not think beyond tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Just lovely. Still thinking about you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, I'm tearing up, just reading this. I think of you every day. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete