9.19.2011

I'm still here

It's been a rough couple of days. My parents flew up to be with me and I'm so grateful for that. There's so much I want to say but as much as I've posted over the years there are just some things I don't want to put on the internet.

But I will say this...I loved Tom more than I've ever loved anyone. He made me feel safe and beautiful and like I was the smartest, funniest woman. We had so little time together. I feel robbed. And it makes me angry. Angry and sad. Not just for me, but for his sons and his family and his friends. I've heard from so many people about what a great friend he was to them. Tom touched so many lives.

If you've found this post because you were googling Tom, I would love to hear from you. Please tell me how you knew him. Share a story with me.

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping your family was with you. Love and Peace, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, I've been thinking of you all weekend. I'm so glad to hear that your family has been with you.

    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,

    I never met you but I worked with Tom (and team) at Cisco before I went to another team about 6 months ago. I just talked to him last Monday. Tom was an extremely personable person who was so easy to like. He was simply genuine and funny, said what he thought, and would do anything for you. I could talk to him like he was my brother - or a friend I knew for years. Yes, it is a great loss to everyone (especially to his family and to you), and it was way too soon for him. He will be sorely missed but all we can do now is remember what a special man he was and move on. It's always tough, especially when it's so sudden. I know, I lost a brother not too long ago - the very same way.

    I know these words don't make it any easier, but I just wanted to let you know that everyone that knew Tom really enjoyed knowing him both professionally and personally.

    To Tom: Let God win a pool game or two :)
    Sincerely,
    A Friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Liz,

    First and for most I am sorry to hear of Tom's death. I went to high school with Tom at North Olmsted. He always had a great laugh. I found out through the friends we have lost at NOHS Facebook page.

    I am sure wherever Tom is now, he is looking over you smiling. My sincere condolences to you and the family.

    Sincerely,
    Jennifer (Fresty) Roberts
    Class of 92 NOHS

    ReplyDelete